Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall has fallen

Can you believe it, Fall is here? That seems so strange to me. I thought that summer would somehow last forever and the girls would never go back to school, but it did eventually happen. I only recently noticed that Fall was here this weekend, crazy me. The weather has still been warm and where we live the seasons sometimes creep up on you. Okay, so I realize that I may be rambling on a bit, but I think that I am still in shock. However, at our house there are some tell tale signs that Fall has fallen.

If you know me at all you know that laundry is my nemesis. It sometimes erks me that we have an entire room for this chore that is not my friend. And what is the deal with the washing machine and dryer? They are a classic dynamic duo, however they are missing a partner in crime-the machine that folds and puts away the clothes! I have for too long been this partner and am not enjoying the job- I don't even have a fancy cape or anything, but if I did I would have to wash, dry and put it away! Will it ever end? No, probably not. All of this to say that Fall is here and he has shown his face in my laundry room. As seasons change so does our clothing. Socks, sweats and long pants have now entered this villainous cave of laundry land. Although these items only aid my nemesis in his evil plot to surround me with Tide they are not the enemy, but merely a reminder of all the fall fun to be had.

I am eager to bundle up against the brisk Fall air with hopes of watching a Friday night football game under the lights, jumping into a pile of leaves with my girls, taking a trip to the Pumpkin Patch or spending a Saturday afternoon in bed with a good book. So Fall I welcome you! Even if you bring little socks that will more than likely become lost in the dryer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fall is here too. I posted pictures today of leaves changing, the best part! I dislike laundry as well - I fold, but make the girls put away! They can do it - though it's rarely perfect. . . they have to learn somehow, right!?

Anonymous said...

Oh I SOOOO feel you on the laundry thing! Can you believe I used to actually enjoy laundry back when it was just Kyle and I?? It was a good excuse to turn the tv on and sit for a few minutes. Now I want to turn on the tv but never have enough time for the sitting part. :) Thanks for the great blog!