Wednesday, October 22, 2008

sisters, spas, shopping & starbucks


About two weeks ago I was blessed to go away for the weekend with my best friend, who just also happens to be my sister. I am not even sure of where to begin, we had so much fun. Heather lives in the So Cal area and we do not get to see each other as much as we would both like, but we talk on the phone all the time, which is nice. We decided a few months ago that we needed to start a yearly tradition where we get together for the weekend without husbands, kids or work and do something fun. Thus, Sister Weekend was started!
For our first ever Sister Weekend we decided to go to the Napa Valley and check out the spa scene. On Saturday we went to the Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa and Resort in Calistoga for our day of pampering and relaxation. We had massages, took a mud bath, went in the mineral jacuzzi and had a blanket wrap. This was a new thing for the both of us and I am so glad that I could experience it with Heather. I think that we just laughed our way through the mud bath. We also did a little shopping and became quite familiar with the Calistoga Library's bathroom- what a life saver!
In the end the weekend was fabulous! When else do I get to hang out with a close friend, go to the movies twice, eat ice cream for dinner, have late night pizza, stay up talking into the wee hours of the morning and get to sleep in- all in the same weekend? This was an adventure that I will never forget. I can't wait until next year! Love ya HJ.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time! Glad you both have each other :0

Anonymous said...

Love you HA! This was a great weekend.