Sunday, March 22, 2009

little mama




it is so fun for me to watch my kids develop and discover new things. it seems as if they change overnight and they are suddenly transformed into these little people with blossoming personalities, diverse interests, huge vocabularies and deep thoughts! i have asked myself this many times, but really where does the time go?! it seems as if i get so wrapped up in homework, car-pool, changing diapers, karate class, shuttling kids from place to place, play dates, searching the couch for hot lunch money, repeating over and over "stop that- don't hit your sister-knock it off- go to bed- brush your teeth- wash your hands" etc..... that i can forget to stop and catch my kids doing something new and cute.

well, yesterday i actually realized the moment in front of me and stopped to watch little miss r playing with her baby doll. lately she has really been into her babies-it is a good thing that we have at least three of those suckers because we always have one with us. my grandpa made the girls a little baby doll cradle and miss r has become attached. i loved watching her go around the house collecting the things that she would need to take care of her baby. we needed a diaper, wipes, blankets, crib and a bottle. i loved how she gingerly cleaned her baby and tried to change her diaper before the baby had to lay down for her nap- 'shhhh mommy baby sleeping' although she did get mad at me when i would not give her powder and cream for her babies diaper rash-'need powder, need cream!!' i love this little girl with all of my heart and hope that i can continue to catch and hold on to these precious moments before any more of them sneak by me.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think R and G could be very good friends. She was mad at me because I made her use a kleenex instead of a wipe on her baby. Wipes get expensive! Hope you five are well!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! I agree with Em--G & R would be great pals--maybe college roommates someday:) I also love the sweater that R is wearing--I remember when I bought that for P. I love that each of the girls have worn it! Miss you and love you lots!